New Delhi । Much-awaited MG HECTOR is now available in India at a very special introductory price of INR 12.18 Lakhs to INR 16.88 Lakhs.
The MG HECTOR, India’s first internet car, has been launched with India’s best vehicle ownership package – the “MG Shield”.
It provides private owners free-of-charge 5-year comprehensive manufacturer warranty for unlimited kilometers. It also includes round-the-clock roadside assistance for a period of 5 years and no labour charges for the first 5 scheduled vehicle services.
The HECTOR further offers prepaid maintenance plans starting as low as INR 8,000 for the first three years. Its total cost of ownership is the lowest in the segment starting at INR 45 paise per kilometer for the petrol and at INR 49 paise per kilometer for the diesel.
In addition, MG assures customers of the resale value of the HECTOR at a compelling value proposition under the “3-60” plan. Under this plan, MG has tied up with automotive portal CarDekho and the latter will buyback the MG HECTOR at a residual value of 60% upon completion of three years of ownership. All these elements under “MG Shield” are aimed at enhancing the customer experience and providing complete peace of mind.
- The ‘Made in India’ MG HECTOR is available in a total of 11 combinations across 4 variants namely Style, Super, Smart and Sharp.
- It comes with 3 engine options – Petrol, Petrol Hybrid and Diesel. The petrol is available in both manual and automatic transmissions.
- The HECTOR’s 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine delivers 143 PS power at a peak torque of 250 Nm while the 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine will deliver 170 PS at a peak torque of 350 Nm.
- It comes with best-in-class fuel efficiency for both petrol and diesel with the Petrol Hybrid MT returning 15.81 km/l and diesel 17.41 km/l, as per ARAI.
- MG Hector’s colour options include Candy White, Starry Black, Aurora Silver, Glaze Red and Burgundy Red.
- The MG HECTOR has been tested for over one million kilometers in India before entering production and comes with 25 safety features as standard, making it one of the safest SUVs on sale today.
- At 10.4 inches, it has the biggest HD touchscreen in its segment featuring iSMART and also has Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity options.
- It also comes with LED daytime running lights, panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, cruise control, electrically adjustable front seats and heated ORVMs.
- The HECTOR is also the first car in its segment with a sophisticated mild-hybrid architecture that uses a 48-volt lithium-ion battery to store energy and provide extra torque assistance of up to 20 Nm.
- MG India has also tied up with Myles to offer the HECTOR on a subscription basis in select metro cities including Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore over the next quarter.